Friday, March 11, 2011

Update on WIP, Terminal Decision

So, after a month of writing and getting 25,000 words in...I realized that my Work in Progress was Just. Not. Working. I still really liked the idea, it was the first one that had fully grabbed me since finishing JPSG, and I didn't want to give up on it. But at the same time, I knew that something was undeniably wrong. Things were moving too slowly, and honestly, it was starting to bore me. I understood what the central conflict was, but beyond that I was kind of clueless. And then a few days ago... I had an EPIPHANY! I had a long talk w/ my mother, who has read the various opening chapters I've written for this thing, and she tossed out a few ideas, which I twisted in different directions, and then the inspiration just started flowing. So I've started over, from the beginning, but this time I have a much better idea of where I'm going. And I feel so much more excited about writing it. I won't say too much because I don't want to give anything away, but this version is a lot less straightforward than the last one was. In a good way.

So since I want to share something, but not give away the plot, I'm going to post pictures! These are the celebrities who most closely resemble the main characters in Terminal Decision.

Bree, from ANTM

Diana Agron

& Lee Thompson Young (AKA The Famous Jett Jackson! Who didn't love that show?)

I almost wish I was writing a screenplay, just because they're all so lovely to look at. But I see them in my head all the time, which is pretty close to the same for me. Off to write, so I can catch up to where I was before. (I hate feeling behind) Maybe I'll even post a few pages... We'll see.